They will all take part in the first edition of the European Finance Summit next March 5th, 2020 at the European Convention Center Luxembourg (ECCL). The event will be composed of several conferences featuring European experts as well as an exhibition area, the traditional networking cocktail and the 11th edition of the Luxembourg Finance Awards ceremony.
The European Finance Summit invites financial professionals to share their best practices, analyze international financial markets & trends. It gives the participants the opportunity to build strategic roadmaps in terms of tax, treasury and compliance reporting, go in depth with current asset management, funds, (private) banking, regulation topics, and much more. This year, the event is divided into two main themes: the evolution of the payment industry - in the morning – and the new financial landscape (detailed by European experts) at the horizon 2030 – in the afternoon.
To discuss the latest trends of the financial sector – namely open finance, current payments trends, PSD2, new consumers’ approaches, the evolution of financial services in the digital economy, impact investing and green investments – and to have a look at the future landscape, the organizers have already confirmed the participation of several guest speakers and renowned experts. They will notably welcome Nicolas Mackel (CEO, Luxembourg for Finance), Gilbert Fridgen (PayPal-FNR PEARL Chair in Digital Financial Services, SnT, University of Luxembourg), Bertrand Perez (Managing Director & COO, Libra Association), Nasir Zubairi (CEO, LHoFT), Jonathan Prince (Co-founder, Finologee), Benjamin Belais (VP International, Lydia), Florian Graillot (Co-founder & Partner, Astorya.vc), Olivia Vinden (Head of Fintech and Innovation, Alpha FMC UK), Marc Hemmerling (General Counsel Digital Banking, Fintech and Payments & Member of the Senior Management of ABBL), Balazs Barna (Technical Lead, European Expansion, TransferWise), Paola Papanicolaou (Group Head of Innovation, IntesaSanpaolo) and Matteo Rizzi (Unconventional Entrepreneur, Book Author, Venture partner and Co-founder, FintechStage).
A new session of Pitch Your Startup
This year and for the first time, the startup pitching session is organized as a yearlong competition: the semi-finals of the different categories will take place during the four seasonal events organized by Farvest, with the winners of each category entering the Grand Finale to take place in September 2020. The overall cross-category winner will be granted 50.000€. During the European Finance Summit, Pitch Your Startup competition focuses on three categories, namely Fintech, Regtech and Insurtech.
The Luxembourg Finance Awards 2020
This year, 6 awards will be distributed after an insightful session of conferences. These prizes aim at rewarding the best local solutions and initiatives. Luxembourgish companies and professionals can apply until February 5th, 2020.
• Finance Team of the Year: it rewards a Finance Team for its outstanding results on a specific project (implementation of a new financial system, compliance with new regulations etc.)
• Treasury Manager of the Year: a prize supported by ATEL: this title rewards a leader in treasury and finance, who has helped the company to benefit from new insights, achieve improvements in efficiency, spreading best practices and establishing solid as well as viable relationships with banks and company partners.
• Inspirational Woman in Finance: this prize is dedicated to recognizing an outstanding woman shaping and influencing the financial industry in Luxembourg.
• Fintech Solution of the Year: this prize aims to reward a company, which has decided to offer a new, creative, innovative, efficient service or product. This company works to improve customer experience and demonstrates this through its solution.
• Financial Software provider of the Year: it rewards a company for a software providing effective solutions to store, analyze, manage or deal with financial data, transactions, records. It contributes to facilitate the work of financial teams.
• Best Marketing Campaign in Finance: this prize is devoted to a company that has delivered a great and impactful marketing campaign over the past 12 months on the financial market.
Applications for the Luxembourg Finance Awards are subject to administration fees of 100€ excl. VAT per prize except for the Finance Team of the Year, Treasury Manager of the Year and Woman in Finance for which participation is free of charge.
Do not miss this great gathering and register now by using the invitation code EG255 on https://www.europeanfinancesummit.com/get-tickets/standard-ticket/ Entry is free of charge for endusers (bankers, private bankers, treasurers, funds managers, insurers, COO, CTO, CIOs, etc). Entries for services providers, consultants and lawyers is €300 exVAT* and complies with a participation policy of 75% endusers /25% services providers.
Twitter: @ICTSpring #ICTSpring